Saturday, January 30, 2010
Friday, January 29, 2010
I made another few cards and a few scrapbook pages in my albums. I'm at November 2006. I hope to finish 2006 by the end of the weekend. My husband and two oldest are gone on a camping weekend so I think I'll have some late nights by myself. Let me know your projects. I know some of you are really working on your albums. Let everyone know, be proud and help motivate. Post a comment. Pictures to come.
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Friday, January 8, 2010
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
Tuesday, January 5, 2010
Funny thing..... So many people have asked me when I have the time to scrapbook and laugh at me when I suggest they can get some scrapbooking done. I will admit that it can be hard to get anything done with three kids in the house. Today I wanted so bad to get my next page done. After soccer practice with my oldest, we got home and I had them all doing homework and dinner in the oven. I thought 'this is a good time for me to quickly run downstairs and look at my layout'. WRONG!!! Every time I ran downstairs someone yelled "MOM". They either needed paper, glue stick, or they were bothering each other. I tried four times to leave the kitchen and attempt to scrapbook. After the fourth time I laughed at myself and thought,"did I really think that was going to happen?" It finally got done and I like my layout.
If you like this blog, comment and pass it on. More tomorrow.......
Monday, January 4, 2010
- I like this layout because I got creative and used ribbon and beads. Adding something simple, like circles, is also very easy to do on a page and gives it a finished look.
- I love using patterned paper. The swimming page layout is very simple but I like the page because of what it shows. I just mounted the pictures on white card stock and added little metal embellishments
- 5x7 layout is one of my favorites. I was able to capture my daughter and her look. I also love the color combination I used. I usually try to squeeze a lot of pictures on one page but this one needed to be on its own. Whenever I look at this page I smile.
- The Christmas page is a lot of fun. I used a great patterned paper and some mitten embellishments. The letters I backed with square paper so they would stand out on the page. I also used a cute little velum saying. Again easy but fun!
These are just some of the pages from one album. Not sure why I chose 2004 album, but that is what I grabbed. I hope to finish up pages today and research more things for you. Happy Scrapping!
Sunday, January 3, 2010
- Import pictures from the camera card
- Folders are created in our pictures file on the computer
- Folders are labeled by year and month. Basically we have 12 folders per year.
- Then we clear the camera card
- We back up the photo's to a separate hard drive every now and then so we won't loose any of them.
I then take over from there. So today, I printed( I'll explain in a minute) Nov 2006, December 2006 and June 2007. I had to organize the photo's I had already printed a few months ago. I don't print a huge bunch at a time because then I will get overwhelmed. I organize the photo's by month in a small file folder, $1 at Target. Once I start a certain month, I then separate them into the pages I'm going to do. My albums are done by year. I have years 1998-2005 done and almost 2006 done!!!!
I decided to print my pictures through snapfish today because they have a sale (I love a sale !!) 50 prints for 50 cents. Hurry because this expires Jan. 7th. It didn't look like I could pick it up at Walgreens and get the deal so I had to ship. You have to pay for shipping but it was a good deal. Just some thoughts right now. I hope to post some pictures this evening.
Saturday, January 2, 2010
From theoriginalscrapbox.com I really love the EZ view. This is a desk that you can see what is inside drawers through the top. Sounds kind of weird but I thought it was a good deal, $495. Not bad to have. I also like the Workbox. This is a little bit more money but this is a nice piece that would look good anywhere, especially in small spaces (Karen this would be great for you).
In terms of supply organization the Cropper Hopper has some great ideas. I use the Cropper Hopper Vertical paper storage and this works nice, although it is hard to see all of my patterned paper at times. To store stamps, I use old wet swiffer boxes. It is great because they have a lid and they can be stacked. I use baskets to store my ribbons and small supplies.
Because of my scrapbooking closet, I have a lot of cabinet storage. My husband used our old kitchen cabinets, painted them, and bought a scrap of counter top, and the is my scrapping place. Today I plan to get a page finished that I started yesterday and two other pages journaled . I have a poll on my site, on the left side, about journaling. If you have a moment check it out.
Have you set a side a place to call your own yet? If you have then start some organizing today.
Tomorrow I'll give some insight to getting your pictures organized. I'll let you know what I do and where might be a good place to start. If you have a minute leave a comment and let me know your thoughts or talk about your space.